Join us at the MAIFEST – the German May Day celebration of the arrival of spring!
It's happening on SUNDAY, MAY 6 at the Sacramento Turn Verein – our big annual MAIFEST.
- For family fun, be sure to bring the children along (Don't forget – FREE ADMISSION FOR EVERYONE!):
- Watch the German Maypole dancers, typical at German May Day celebrations
- Learn the Maypole dance – special fun for the children, with instruction by the professional dancers
- Plenty of German music
- Picnic food
- Puppet shows for the kids
- Face painting, and crafts activities too, for the kids
- Biergarten for the adults
- Kaffee und Kuchen
- And a special drink for the ladies – the famous “Maibowle” (Hint: it contains strawberries soaked in brandy)
What: The annual Maifest, sponsored by the Turn Verein's German Language School
Where: At the Turn Verein, 3349 J Street in Sacramento
When: Sunday, May 6, from noon until 4 p.m.
Who's invited? All are welcome. Be sure to bring the children!