My wish came true......... I am going to NGS Las Vegas Conference May 8-11, 2013.
Is the NGS3013 Conference on your wishlist? You still have two more weeks for preregistration - deadline is April 22 and then the cost goes up. Don't wait register now.
There will be a lot of things going on before, during, and after the conference. Extend your time and do some sight seeing, see a show or two, drop a couple of quarters into the slots and just have fun. The weather should be great if you are outdoors - lots of golf courses in the area
What's new this year? What is being planned? ....of course this is besides all the great sessions that are planned to aide in our research of our ancestors.
* it will be held at the LVH-Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, 3000 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, in the ground floor conference center.
* hotel and conference center are under one roof
* LVH is ten minutes from McCarran International Airport and is convenient to I-15 and I-515.
* Las Vegas Monorail begins at the LVH and carries passengers to six major Strip resorts
* self-parking is free and plentiful
* valet parking is free
* this year the Conference will feature an extra-large lecture hall. The largest lecture hall this year will accommodate more than 700 participants
* Thursday morning breakfast gatherings, NGS is sponsoring a first-timers’ breakfast for those attending their first NGS conference
* an Internet café with free Wi-Fi Internet for up to 300 attendees at a time
* pre-events: Hoover Dam AND Ethel M. Chocolates Tour
* pre-events: Museum Tours to Clark County Museum and the National Atomic Testing Museum
* Youth Camp on Saturday
I am getting spoiled. When I go to a conference (any conference) I expect to have a conference app available for my iphone & ipad. I am so dissappointed when there isn't one available.
But my wish came true again......
Did you know that NGS has a Mobile App for your smartphones and ipads and it is available now? Yes NOW. If you are going to attend this conference, download the app from the app store and get organized. You can schedule your sessions, travel, meals, extra activities, keep in touch with other participants through the app twitter and facebook connection. The app contains maps of the conference center, hotel..... lists of other events, activities and restaurants inside and outside the hotel. You can evaluate each session through the app.
To download the NGS Mobile App
I am hearing (rumors only at this point) that there may be several free sessions for people who cannot attend to watch and enjoy. More on that when information comes available.
Go to National Genealogical Society Conference Online Information
posted in hopes that you will be attending - Sandra Gardner Benward