- Producing a Quality Family History: this book by Patricia Law Hatcher is a helpful guide with informative tips on structure, format and industry standards. Note, the book link connects you to Amazon.com using Root Cellar's shop Amazon affiliate web address.
- Stories To Tell Books: this website is mostly about writing a family history book but food for thought abounds. This post offered several techniques that made me think about my writing. Entering "essay" in the search box on the home page resulted in several hits like this one about being a storyteller.
- Writing-related blogs: entering the term "writing" in the search box on GeneaBloggers provided several hits. Worth roaming around!
- Cyndi's List: this website is a one-stop shop for all things genealogical. Writing-related resources were found by clicking on Categories, then "W".
- Sources: Many resources exist about how to cite your sources. Take a look at one created by Thomas MacEntee, a handy and free 2-page Genealogy Source Citations Quick Reference in pdf format.
Do you have any writing advice? Post a comment below or send to email@example.com.
posted by Denise Hibsch Richmond