Monday, September 12, 2011

Matrilineal Monday

I have a brick wall on my matrilineal line, and I need help finding more about her. Bessie Boyd Rosser (b. 16 April 1884 in Alabama, d. 27 December 1963 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California) was my Great 
Aunt. She was a trained nurse working at a sanitarium in Texas in 1910 (US Census). She served in the Army Nurse Corps during World War I (starting date: 17 July 1917, ending date: 5 March 1919; according to US Veterans Gravesites, CA. 1775-2006, on-line database, Ancestry.com). The 1920 and 1930 US Censuses indicate that she continued to work as a "trained nurse" in the San Diego area. Apparently she never married and was buried in the Ft. Rosecrans National Cemetery after her death. Do you have any suggests to further investigate Bessie? Please email them to me at rootcellarsgs@gmail.com.
Thank you.

Posted by Ron Setzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!