Monday, March 11, 2013

Tuesday Travel - RootsTech Conference & Salt Lake City

RootsTech. ARE YOU GOING?  I am. Will I be seeing you there? I hope so.

RootsTech Conference, March 21-24, 2013, Salt Palace Convention Hall, Salt Lake City, Utah.

I am getting my Legacy Software Program updated and more organized.I will update my Families App on my iPhone and iPad. Then I will have all my research at my findertips all the time.  I am in the process of  updating my timelines for my major lines and some not so major. Looking for the holes and writing out the information I am missing. After that I will be pulling up the Family History Library catalogue in Salt Lake City for research while I am there next week.

Oh, did I tell you that I am driving there on Sunday, so I will have Monday through Wednesday for uninerupted researching before the conference actually begins. On Friday the library will also be open into the late evening for more time to research. My biggest fear is that I will fall asleep turning the wheel of the micofilm reader, go right past my ancestor and never know it!!!  YIKES!! Can that really happen?

There are lots of new offerings in 2013 at RootsTech  See for yourself.  Alot of us feel that a technology conference is way over our heads or just who cares, you don't want to learn one more thing. There are classes for all levels so it is not over your head. You don't want to learn, I don't believe that, it is just overwhelming and so much new going on every day that you don't understand. Take the beginner/introductory classes, make it easy on yourself and learn. This is the way technology is going in all different fields, not just genealogy. The more you know, the more you understand the better and more confident you will feel. I am trying very hard to embrace technology and use it to further my research and use it other areas of my life.

I have not seen any offerings yet for those of you that want to come but are not able too. Sometimes online live classes are offered, but not yet. I will keep you updated on that.


posted by Sandra Gardner Benward

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!