For example, the latest blog detailed the beta version of the image viewer. some of the features they detailed are:
Summary of key features
- Faster image loading. We’ve invested in the backend services that power the image viewing experience. We’ll continue to optimize and improve performance, but this experience should be faster for most of our users.
- Works on more platforms and with more browsers. Windows and Macintosh. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
- New and improved features. Rotate, mirror, and better zoom controls are new for all users. Magnify, thumbnail view, and enhanced images are new for anyone who couldn’t use the previous Advanced Image Viewer.
- Familiar interface. The basic user interface around the viewer is relatively unchanged. Some of the interactions have changed (such as zoom and pan controls).
- Simplified installation experience. For most of you, the viewer will just work. Some of you will first need to install a more recent version of Adobe Flash.
- BETA. We’re still working on this. There are some known issues. We’re also taking feedback for further improvements. Let us know what you think at email@example.com.
With the blog you will be kept up-to-date with your service at Ancestry.com. All from the convenience of your mail program. Go to: http://blogs.ancestry.com/ancestry/.
Submitted by Ron Setzer