Monday, August 13, 2012

Learning more about DNA …and taking those steps

I am having my DNA tested for my genealogy research. Being a "newbie" at DNA, I am always searching for more information about the tests and what I should expect. As I have posted in the past, I follow CeCe Moore's "Your Genetic Genealogist" blog. Saturday she posted links to her series that she did for Geni.com on DNA testing for genealogy. The series covered the three types of DNA testing. As CeCe states "The series will be too basic for some of you, but for those of you just starting out, it may be exactly what you need." The link to that blog posting is http://www.yourgeneticgenealogist.com/2012/08/getting-started-in-dna-testing-for.html. If you are interested in DNA, you might want to read the series and follow her blog. The links to the individual articles are:
Part One, Intro and Y-DNA
Part Two, mtDNA
Part Three, autosomal DNA (23andMe, Family Finder, AncestryDNA)
Part Four, ancestral origin tests and summary

Posted by Ron Setzer

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!