Thursday, February 6, 2014

Thankful Thursday- 3 days at THE LIBRARY

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward          



Researching at the library the last three days has been so much fun, exhausting, exciting, and frustrating all at the same time. (AND if you are a family researcher you know exactly what I am saying)
 
No more snow today but still very COLD.

I have been at the library all day today. Found a couple more digitized books. One more on the BRISTOL of New Haven Connecticut. Found a fabulous book "Vital Records of New Haven Connecticut", a digitized book on the ATWATER family that gives me background information on my BRISTOL family.  -  they are safely downloaded on my flash drive. Located a microfilm for land records for the New Haven Connecticut area, but it is only an index so I will be looking for that information now.

I am exhausted. Oh I did leave the library for 30 minutes. I went down to the Convention Center (across the street and down a city block) to  pick up my registration packet. Very organized and it should be since it is a technology conference. Dozens of computers lined up.Just needed to input your name and it comes back with what your name tag should say, you OK it and it prints out behind the desk.......  now the human touch comes in. They assemble your name tag and holder, give you all the tickets you ordered and anything else you ordered. Simple and quick. AND back to the library for a couple of hours.

 




RootsTech 2014 about to begin...........  time to open up the registration  bag and check out all the goodies and recheck the days schedule


Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!