How many of you not able to make the Richmond, Virginia NGS Conference in May, took advantage of the LIVE Streaming sessions being offered.........?? I did!
What a great opportunity to take sessions from exceptional professional genealogist. Don't think that many of our society's could afford to pay for some of these wonderful presenters to come for a one day conference. Take advantage of these opportunity's when possible. The cost for these types of sessions are far less costly than actually being there in person.........
Going forward: I have been slowly working my way through the National Genealogical Society's (NGS) live streaming sessions ($) offered from the NGS Conference in Virginia last month. I was not home when the sessions were LIVE STREAMING - [so does that mean they are 'dead streaming' now. NO! but I couldn't resist it.] Fortunately, I have 3 months to watch and listen to them as many times as I want. Better be careful though, one month is already gone and before you know it August will be here and they will no longer be available. Such a great opportunity. Here are the sessions in the Track 1 that I purchased.
- Using Evidence Creatively. Spotting Clues in the run of the mill records. Elizabeth Shown Mills
- Can a Complex Research Problem be Solved Soley Online - Thomas W Jones
- Using NARA's Finding Aids & Website - Thomas W Jones & Pamela Boyr Sayre
- Disputes & Unhappy Differences,Surprises in Land Records - Sharon Tate Moody
- Of Sound Mind & Healthy Body, Using Probate Records in Your Research - Michael Hart
I have listened to them all once through right away, and to be very honest I had too many interruptions and need to go back again and re-watch them all ........ and I can do that because I can watch any or all of them through August. GREAT DEAL!!
Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.