Saturday, May 16, 2015

Sentimental Sunday - Success!! Meeting of the Genealogical Minds

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward and Carolee Jones




You would hope that when a traveler visits Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society and needs some help with their research in our area, we would step up and be there for these travelers. We have a very good library, small but full of the best items,  housed in the California State Archives Building. And if you need some research done and cannot make the trip we do look up's for you.




Our own Carolee Jones as you may already know is now in Missouri attending the NGS Conference. She was in contact with the  Howard County Missouri Genealogical Society for at least a year or more. I know that she was really looking forward to making time during her busy conference schedule to meet certain people who have done a lot of legwork for her over the years.

 Carolee states:

"Today was a day I have been looking forward to since I would meet Harold Kerr, Howard County Missouri Genealogical Society president.  Over the years Harold has been a huge help helping me find ancestor wills, deeds and other documents from Howard County.  We met in the exhibitors room and agreed on dinner with my husband, Richard, Harold and myself.  We had a great time at dinner talking about our ancestors and our genealogical societies. 
Harold Kerr, President of the Howard County Missouri
Genealogical  Society with Carolee Jones


Out of the five classes I attended, four were on the many research libraries I can begin using after the conference.  They are Midwest Genealogy Center, St. Louis County Library, Missouri History Museum Library and Research Center and Missouri State Archives.  I did change my focus with one class on “Genealogical Research & Writing: Are You a Saint, Sinner, or Bumfuzzed Soul?” by Elizabeth Shown Mills who gave me a lot of food for thought about my writing."




Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!