Monday, May 7, 2012

NGS- Sleeping in Cincinnati

I have arrived in Cincinnati, Ohio - ahhhhh! my home state. Uneventful flight- long day. I had one plane change in Salt Lake City - I took a deep breathe and hoped that the "research masters" were rubbing off on me as I passed through. You just hate to go that far and not stop, wanting to go the library and do some research but not this time.

As you already know, Denise and I got together over dinner last night. It is always good seeing someone from home. (I know it has only been a day but still........) After that I went to my room and crashed......  I had been up since 3:30am Pacfic time - I was pooped.

The weather so far has been wonderful......  mid 80's. Like most of the cities on the east coast  Cincinnati is no different - old, lots of brick. And then there is MACY's builidng towering over alot of the other buildings in the area...... Took a stroll around the area, getting to know what is close by.


Spent most of the day at the Cincinnati Public Library. So many conference goers are already here and getting a head start on their research. The  library seems new, huge and very airy and well lite. It is a three story building. Genealogy Department is on the third floor. Lots of volunteers and they are gearing up for the thousands of reseachers coming to town this week. I love the statue at the entrance of  the library.

There is a food area, plus a really nice gift shop. They have a great selection of cards, so I picked up a very colorful flower laiden popout card for my mother - Mary Jane (Little) Gardner who will be turning 92 this Friday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM! (and Happy Mother's Day on Sunday)

There is a lot of seating out side in front of the library UNLESS school is out and then young people are everywhere. How do I know? I was there after 4pm.

Eat dinner, take a walk around the block, relax in the room, do a couple of batches of 1940 indexing, get a little more organized and get ready for another day............

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, just became aware of your blog through
    Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am going to
    watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if
    you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing.
    Cheers!
    Also see my web site - vintage style christmas ornaments

    ReplyDelete

We love getting your comments!