Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thankful Thursday - Wow! Root Cellar SGS is a Local Resource says National Magazine

Editor's note: Today's post was written by Sandra Gardner-Benward

Just Thought You Would Be Interested.....................

I was doing some research on our April speaker, Melinda Herzog Landrith. My search took me online to a Sep/Oct Ancestry Magazine 1995. On page 14 & 15 was the article about our April speaker. I decided to look through the magazine and on the page before I found Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society mentioned as a resource to search........  imagine! wow!  I know that name from somewhere, but where? Ok, Ok yes that's us. I was just surprised to see our name in a national magazine, but there it is.

The article was about the Gold Rush and the Donner Party and Sacramento ....... on the second page (page 13) of the article which was titled "Where to Search" under Local Resources there are four resources listed........

Sacramento Branch of the Family History Center
Genealogical and Historical Council of Sacramento Valley
Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society and
Mission Oaks Genealogical Club

It is good to see that 3 out 4 local resources are still very active and still growing......

Shop and Support Root Cellar Sacramento Genealogical Society.
Click here for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting your comments!